St. Joseph, MO – Central Athletics registration software program, Register My Athlete (RMA), designed to streamline the process of student-athlete registration for parents. The registration process is easy and fast so that the athletes can focus on playing, not doing paperwork. Anyone interested in participating in Central Athletics will need to follow the instructions below and register their student-athlete to be eligible to participate.
Physicals must be completed on the current year MSHSAA PHYSICAL FORM. The clearance process for athletes is now done by logging on to registermyathlete.com and printing/completing the instructions on that website.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR PARENTS
Go to Register My Athlete and click on link found in the upper right side of the page. IF YOU ALREADY HAVE AN RMA PARENT ACCOUNT DO NOT CREATE A NEW ACCOUNT. LOGIN AND FOLLOW STEPS BELOW TO REGISTER YOUR ATHLETE’S FOR A SPORT. IF YOU HAVE PREVIOUSLY ADDED AN ATHLETE THAT ATHLETE WILL APPEAR AS YOU REGISTER FOR A SPORT. IF YOU NEED ASSISTANCE CONTACT SUPPORT AT 435-213-1601 OR SUPPORT@REGISTERMYATHLETE.COM.
IF YOU HAVE NEVER CREATED AN ACCOUNT:
- Create an account: Select “Create Parent Account.” or login. The “Account Creation” will appear where you will enter in the information asked for. At the bottom of this page, be sure to select “parent” from the options of the type of user you will be. Select the “Create Account” button when you have completed the form.
- Register My Athlete Page Tutorial: A grey box will appear that says “Welcome to your Register My Athlete landing page. We would love to show you around!” Please select the button “OK Let’s Go!” to receive a tutorial on how to navigate the page to complete your athlete’s registration
- Click on “Register for a Sport” and then “Select a School.”
- Click on “Select an Athlete” and choose “Add an Athlete” from the popup box. Fill in the required information and press Submit. (If you already added athletes, you can select their names here).
- Click on “Select Year/Sport” and select the correct year an sport the athlete is registering for. A pop-up box will appear with the information you have selected, then press “I have selected the correct information.”
- Click on “Guardian Info,” fill in required information and press Save.
- Click on “Insurance Info,” Fill in required information and press Save.
- Click on “Medical Info,” fill in required information and press Save.
- Click on “Additional Opportunities,” answer question(s) and press Continue.
- Click on “School Requirements,” this will take you to your student’s Registration Checklist. Complete the checklist to finish registering your athlete for their sport.
- Follow Steps above to add any additional athletes.
Register My Athlete Tech Support
Monday-Friday 8:00 am-5:00 pm
RMA Parent Instructions (1) PDF
The terms “you” and “your” refer to any individual or entity that accesses and/or uses the Site for any reason at any time, including but not limited to any school that has authorized a representative(s) to access and/or use the Site on the school’s behalf for any reason, and which does in fact access and/or use the Site. The terms “our”, “ours”, or “we” “SLS” refer to Sports Line Software.
If you are under the age of eighteen (18) you must have parental permission to use the Site.
The following are some examples of personal information we may collect and how it may be used.
Collection of your personal information
We may provide personally, identifiable information to authorize service providers who assist us in providing functions on your behalf. They are prohibited from using it any other way. When you create an account, register a student, or pay fees online, SLS will collect and store only the needed information required by your school to assist with necessary transactions.
Schools usually require “personally identifiable information.” This information can be used to locate you, contact you, or determine your specific identity (such as name, email address, mailing address, phone number and user name. Some schools may choose to collect a medical history, physical and medical insurance information. SLS does not assist in the collection of storing social security numbers. Debits/credit card information, bank routing and account information, is not exposed, stored, or viewable by SLS. This information is used by a merchant to complete transactions to assist you and your school. We may also collect “aggregate information.” This is information about your activities on the site or in connection with the services that cannot be used to identify, locate, or contact you, such as frequency of visits to the site, date entered when using the site, site pages most frequently accessed, browser types and other similar information, etc. This information is used to improve our site and your user experience. We are continually striving to improve programs based on the information and feedback we receive from you.
By permission of the users we may use the information to display targeted advertising or other content that we think may be of interest to the user based on information the user has shared with us. By request we may provide push notifications to help our users find the best deals with sporting good supplies.
When you register student(s) for school athletic programs we may collect information about previous participation in sports programs at other schools, including but not limited to age, weight, height, grade, photo, , graduation date, grades, disciplinary information, and medical information.
When you contact our customer service representatives via phone or email, you may be asked to share information that we deem necessary to confirm your identity.
School coaches and administrators may also input information regarding students you have registered for school sports. This may include any information that coaches, athletic trainers and administrators deem useful, including notes about injuries from coaches, athletic trainers, and doctors.
Use of your personal information
We may use personal information for internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis, and research to improve our products and services.
SLS allows school administrators to control access to personal information for the purposes of running and administering a school sports program. SLS is not responsible for the decisions made by school administrators to allow or block access to personal information.
School personnel may also use personal information for reporting to government or other institutions. It may also be necessary for schools to share personal information with health care providers.
SLS is not responsible for how school personnel and administrators use your personal information and that information becomes subject to the school’s privacy practices.
SLS may also share personal information with state or other institutions for the purpose of verifying eligibility to play sports at a particular school.
SLS may also collect non-personal information that is not directly associated with any specific individual. We may collect, store, use, transfer, and disclose non-personal information for any purpose.
The following are examples are some ways that non-personal information may be collected and how it may be used:
We may collect anonymous demographic information, such as your age, gender and grade. We may gather additional personal or non-personal information in the future.
We may automatically collect information about your computer hardware and software. This information can include Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, browser type and language, domain names, access times and referring website addresses. This information is used for the operation of the service, to maintain quality of the service, and to provide general statistics regarding use of our websites.
We may keep track of the websites and pages users visit, to determine which SLS services are most popular. This data is used to deliver customized content and advertising within the Site to customers whose behaviors indicate that they are interested in a particular subject area.
We encourages you to review the privacy statements of websites you choose to link to from our Site so that you can understand how those websites collect, use and share your information. SLS is not responsible for the privacy policies or content on websites outside of our Site.
SLS may disclose your personal information with companies who provide services such as information processing, financial transaction processing, managing and enhancing customer data, providing customer service, assessing your interest in our products and services, and conducting customer research or satisfaction surveys. These companies are obligated to protect your information. School administrators could share information with health care providers as deemed necessary.
It may be necessary to disclose your personal information, without notice, only if required to do so by law, or in good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to legal requirements or comply with legal process served on SLS or the Site, (b) protect and defend the rights or property of SLS; and, (c) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of SLS, or the public.
In the event of a reorganization, merger, or sale we may transfer any and all personal information we collect to the relevant third party purchaser or surviving entity.
Protection of Personal Information
SLS takes precautions , including administrative, technical, and physical measures , to safeguard your personal information against loss, theft, and misuse, as well as against unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage, processing practices, and security measurers to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information, and date stored on our site. Sensitive and private data exchange between the site and its users happens over an SSL secured communication channel and is encrypted and protected with digital signatures. We want you to fee confident using our site. However, no system can be completely secure. Therefore, although we take steps to secure your information, we do not promise, and you should not expect that your personal information will always remain secure. You should also take care with how you handle and disclose your personal information.
Privacy of children age 12 and under on our website – COPPA Compliance
SLS is committed to providing privacy protection for children who use our software and sites.
The Children’s Online Privacy Protect Act (COPPA), passed by Congress in October, 1998 requires the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) to issue and enforce rules concerning children’s online privacy. The primary goal is to place parent in control over what information is collected from their child online.
SLS is very serious about total compliance with COPPA and has put the following provisions in place to ensure that every child’s privacy is protected. COPPA defines a child as their age being 12 and under.
– Children age 12 and under are strictly prohibited from creating an account on SLS and parent/guardians are only allowed to create an account on the SLS.com site for children.
– All personal information regarding children age 12 and under is collected actively from either the parent or legal guardian and is used to create an account. The personal information is limited to the name, birth date, gender and email address.
– Parents or legal guardians of children age 12 and under are the only ones who have the ability to create an account, review the account and manage the online environment for their children age 12 and under on SLS.
– Children age 12 and under cannot enter any personal identifiable information on the SLS.com website without their parent’s or legal guardian’s expressed permission and consent.
– The user accounts of any child age 12 and under that are created by parents or legal guardians can only be viewed by SLS staff, parents and school officials.
– SLS does not share or disclose any personal information with third parties.
– Parents or legal guardians of children age 12 and under can have their child’s personal information deleted from SLS at any time by contacting the school.
We remind all schools to follow the national HIPAA regulation with respect to protecting and restricting access to all stored private information.
Our online services use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption on all web pages where personal information is collected. To make purchases from these services, you must use an SSL-enabled browser such as Safari, Firefox, or Internet Explorer. Doing so protects the confidentiality of your personal information while it is transmitted over the Internet.
Integrity and Retention of Personal Information
Links to Third-Party Sites and Services
Our Site may contain links to third-party websites, products, and services. Our Site may also use or offer products or services from third-parties. Information collected by third-parties is governed by their respective privacy practices. The information collected by third-parties may include such things as contact details or credit card information. We encourage you to learn about the privacy practices of those third-parties.
Last updated August 6, 2014