St. Joseph, MO – Central High School “Athlete of the Month” recognizes the top athlete from each team throughout the year. Top athletes are nominated by the Head Coach of each sport that is in season based on outstanding performance on the field and in the classroom. Voting begins on the beginning of each month and runs for one week. Once selected, the chosen athlete will be asked to answer a few questions so that everyone can get to know him/her a bit better.
The Central Indians Athlete of the Month for JANUARY is basketball star, Sydney Sample!
1. Tell us about yourself?
I am a sophomore who plays basketball and volleyball and I like spending time with my friends and family.
2. How would your best friends describe you?
They would say I’m really sarcastic but I make them laugh and I have a good heart
3. What do you like most about Central High School?
There are a lot of activities to be involved in, and the teachers are really supportive.
4. What is one thing that people may be surprised to find out about you?
People might think I’m really shy, but once you get to know me I’m really loud and sarcastic.
5. What made you want to play basketball?
Seeing other teams play and how much fun they had, and being around all my friends.
6. What do you enjoy most about basketball?
I enjoy the competition and all the people I’m surrounded with. We always have so much fun together.
7. What is your proudest basketball moment?
When we were playing Liberty North , I got elbowed in my face and my nose started bleeding, and I still got to go back in the game even when I had a cotton thing in my nose
8. Free Write (What you want to say to those who voted for you)
Thank you for all the votes and support!