St. Joseph, MO – The St. Joseph School District values the importance of the educational opportunities that athletics provide and recognizes the threats presented by COVID-19. We believe our plan for re-entry will help our student-athletes workout and compete in the safest manner possible.
CENTRAL SUMMER WORKOUTS:
Phase 1: June 15-June 26 – Conditioning Only
Phase 2: July 6-July 31- Weight Training and Conditioning – Sports Specific ActivitiesAttention
Central Athletes and Parents!
All Central student athletes will have two options to sign up for a summer workout time:
- Use the google form below (Central Summer Sign Up Form).
- Sign up at Central (June 11-12). Coaches will be onsite at Central from 8:00am -12:00pm in the circle drive off Edmond (Drive by service only!)
Please choose a workout time for Summer Workouts. Athletes are required to arrive 15 minutes prior to workout time for mandatory screening. Once a workout time has been established, students must attend “only” that workout time each day.
- 7:00am-8:00am Workout – Arrive at 6:45am for screening (60 athletes per session)
- 8:30am-9:30am Workout – Arrive at 8:15am for screening (60 athletes per session)
- 10:00am-11:00am Workout – Arrive at 9:45am for screening (60 athletes per session)
- 11:30am-12:30pm Workout – Arrive at 11:15am for screening (60 athletes per session)
- MANDATORY SCREENING: CHECK-IN at the Senior Parking Lot
- PARKING: Athletes that drive will park in lower lot off 25th street. (Senior Lot is Closed)
- DO NOT BE LATE! Athletes late for mandatory screening will be sent home!
- BRING YOUR OWN WATER BOTTLE!
- FOLLOW SOCIAL DISTANCING GUIDELINES!
ATHLETES DAILY PREPARATION FOR PRACTICE/PLAY:
Each individual athlete should make sure they have no symptoms
At minimum, thoroughly wash your hands with soap and water (minimum 20 seconds) OR use hand sanitizer before AND after practice or competition
Clean and wipe down any equipment, Before AND After practice or competition
Do NOT share water bottles, equipment, towels, etc.
Avoid touching your face or any object unless necessary and wash your hands
No high fives, fist bumps or chest bumps.
Maintain physical distancing from teammates, coaches and other players when taking breaks and between games.
DO NOT ATTEND OR PARTICIPATE IN GROUP/TEAM SPORTS OR PRACTICE IF:
You are feeling ill. Symptoms of COVID-19 can include fever (temperature of 100 degrees Fahrenheit as defined by the CDC), cough, difficulty breathing, and other symptoms as outlined by the CDC website.
If you have been exposed to COVID-19 in the prior 14 days.
If you are unsure about whether to attend or participate in practice due to possible symptoms OR exposure, it is recommended you contact your healthcare provider.
STEPS TO PREVENT THE SPREAD OF COVID-19:
Staying home if you are sick or do not feel well.
Using social distancing and maintaining at least six feet between individuals in all areas.
Covering coughs and sneezes with a tissue, then throwing the tissue in the trash.
Washing hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom, before eating, and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
Using hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available.
Avoiding touching eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.